September 30, 2011

The Day..


3 years.
36 months.
156 and a half weeks.
1,095 days.

The day when my life truly began. The day when I learned that love had a whole new meaning. The day when I gave my heart away. The day I never knew I could love some one so so much. The day I knew there will never be anything else in this world quite as beautiful as you. That day and every day following in time I realized your life was and will be more significant than my very own. The day I solemnly swore id do everything in my power to protect, nourish you with tons of loving and caring, and then some to mold you into the greatest you can be. The day that butterflies practically moved in and LIVED in my tummy.

3 years.
36 months.
156 and a half weeks.
1,095 days.

The day that seems as though it was only yesterday. Only yesterday when I first held you, squeezed you, cried over you, looked into those teenie squinty brown-gray eyes, grabbed your delicate little fingers, grazed my hands across your so soft cheek. When I first told you 'hi,' and that 'I love you', face to face. You were the most precious thing I had ever seen, in my entire life(and you still are). And you were mine. You were me, and I - you. 

1,095 days ago.
156 and a half weeks ago..
36 months ago...
3 years ago.... your birth day. 


Now, on this day - September 30th, 2011. well.. I've realized you aren't that little 'baby' boy anymore. You're a toddler, you are your very own person. You're independent. You clean up your messes. You behave better than any young child I've known. What are terrible twos? Cause I don't know. You're old enough that you no longer need mommy's help in the bathroom. You remind me to look out for passing cars before we cross the street. You tuck yourself in when it's bed time(some nights). When it's time to read your favorite 'night night' book, i'm listening to YOU. I have more inside jokes with you, than I do with anyone else. You draw astonishing pictures for me.We're always playing Monster Trucks, and hey.. i'm perfectly okay with that, there isn't anything id rather be doing. I love when you sing me nursery rhymes, and your alphabet song, too cute. You never fail to make me smile, and laugh, even at the most simplest things. You are truly one smart cookie. A sure handsome one at that. 

And Landon.. mommy couldn't be more proud of you.


"The day I never knew I could love someone so so much." And with every passing day, that love I never knew, continues to grow and grow. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world - because I have you.

You truly are - perfect.







PS. Who am I kidding? You'll always be my baby boy. Always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very sweet. It truly is amazing how fast time flies. Three years already!?

Happy Birthday Landon! :)