October 2, 2011

One in the same.

What a beautiful weekend here in Florida. Been a couple of 'those days' when the temperature is just PERFECT, the sun was shining without a cloud in the sky. The sky itself was the brightest of blues! And for those who don't know the weather here in Florida.. it feels like it's just about the hottest place on Earth, about 8 months out of the year. Oh.. it is crucial, trust me! Needless to say I couldn't waste the weekend away in doors, Landon and I stayed busy outdoors, Saturday with a family cookout and Sunday with a long picnic at the park. I was able to capture a couple photos. Just a couple unfortunately.. I had the camera all charged and ready to go for our picnic. Once we got our blanket down and started feeding some ducks, I go for my handy dandy camera, only to be disappointed that I left the memory card back home still lodged into the computer.. (Think we've allll been there) I contemplated packing everything up and heading back to grab it, lol. But I think the most important photo I snapped of the weekend was the day I did, luckily, have my camera. And it happens to be this photo right hereeee..
This may look like every other photo, ordinary, right? Well.. it was, at first, until later looking at it I realized that once - I was his age, taking these very same steps, up these very same jungle gym stairs, in my parents backyard. Big deal? Some might not think so, but to me? Huuuge deal. While looking at this photo and me being able to replace his little face and body, with my own, and my parents watching me the way I watch him, just for a moment.. kind of blew my mind. 

It not only tells me how much he's grown up already, but how much I, myself, have grown up. Plus with another one of my birthday's right around the corner(about a week and a half), it's not helping the fact that reality is slowly, but surely, creeping up on me. But I am inevitably aging. I don't feel like i'm about to turn 22, I barely even feel like i'm in my 20's? Why is that... 'OF COURSE! Duh Bri!' It's Landon keeping me from feeling older. He makes me feel.. young. Thinking back, I feel like I stopped aging right around the time he was born. Maybe it was because my own life became less focal, and his much more so. I still feel 18, 19 years old. I guess you could say he's resurfaced that child in me, lol. As much time as we spend together playing, laughing, joking, coloring and reading his little kid books together everyday, I suppose it's not that big of a surprise when I truly deeply think about it, that it's him. I'm thankful that at times I can act like a kid all over again. It feels good. No.. it feels great! :b

'Age is nothing but a number'
Some may take this saying and use it in the sole purpose of proving two's love for each other. But to me, it means - I may be physically aging, but i'm still young at heart. I don't have to be the best mannered mom, I can't do everything perfectly, I don't have to be the most intellectual parent. I'm not that mom. But i'm smart enough to know i'm doing a damn good job! It's a great a feeling, and I think every mom should feel this way. I can't be the only one, right?

 Age is truly just a number. You don't have to be older to raise a kid, the right way. And by the right way, I mean YOUR WAY, a mother's way. Every parent raises their children differently, and who's to say any other way but your own is wrong? We should thank our grandmother's, our mother's(and grandpa's and daddies) and most importantly ourselves for the way we bring up our children. They taught you a lot of what you know, with all their caring, and endless love that poured out of them - into you. Mix that with a little bit of your own confined motherly instincts, and BAM! That makes YOU - that 'one hell of a mother'. So sit back, thank the ones who raised you, and thank, most importantly, yourself. 

Okay okay! Enough rambling, :), about today.. Landon enjoys the outdoors so much(we both do) and we'll be outdoors everyday, as long as the weather allows, at least, lol. So I think tomorrow, we will go on another picnic, and this time I WILL have my memory card in my camera. 
But I will leave you with a couple photos I captured with my phone(They're just not the same as from my Canon) from our picnic! Enjoy! :)

Widdle friends, :)


Camera being turned on mom! For once! How did this happen?!
We had deeeeelicious PB&J's, our favorite lunch, :)




Hope everybody had a fabulous weekend! What did YOU and your hunnies do? :)

PS, mom, I know you're reading this. Thank you, and I love you so very much! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top picture of your son is so good! He is adorable.
(I just read about your ldr... that's crazy! You must feel like a 'single mom' during those 40 days when he is a way. Good for you for staying strong.

Anonymous said...

Oh- and p.s. It's really hard to see the word 'comment' under your post. I almost thought I couldn't leave one.... maybe you should change the text color to white (or a brighter one) just a thought!

Brianna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brianna said...

Thank you!! I changed it! :))
And Jamie, i'm trying to view your blog but it's telling me it's unavailable and says 'Many Blogger users have not yet elected to publicly share their Profile.' :(

Heather said...

just stopping by from Noelani's blog! :) wanted to say hey!

.burlap and twine. said...

Don't ya just love a picnic with your little man. One of my favorite things to do too <3