January 15, 2012

I am giving in

Dear Blogger,

It wasn't too long ago that Theron and I broke Landon from the habit of sleeping in our bed. When he was an infant to about being in his late twos he slept in his crib/bed, besides when we stayed at my moms because the crib stayed at Theron's parents house. We always packed our bags and moved in with him for the duration of his days off. It wasn't until 6 months ago that we took the step to live on our own, and moved into a home, for us. This is where the trouble began on the whole issue. I maybe, kinda, sorta, screwed up.. and whenever Theron left I had Landon sleep with me, in his and I's bed. I know I know... whyyy on Earth did I do this? Truth be told, I am one of 'those' moms.. The one who constantly worries, no matter who he's with, always wanting to call every single hour to know what he's doing.. Theron and I had to give up vacation time because I couldn't stand being away from Landon for more than one night. He calls me crazy... But whatever. So, when we got our own place, everything was fine.. he went to sleep in his room, Theron and I went to in ours... I think what made me do it was Theron leaving, and having to not only go to sleep in an empty bed, but an empty room. Landon never had his own room until now. His crib/bed was always right next to my side of the bed. And now i'm alone in my own room. I didn't last a night. I went and scooped him up from his bed, while he was sleeping, and put him in bed with me. And from then on out he slept with me every night Theron was gone. So you could imagine when Theron got home and he wanted his bed back, little Landon wasn't all too happy. Let's get real, there is no room for all of us on that thing. Let alone us two the way Theron sleeps, my goodness. But he would have a fit for the first week, then would realize he might as well just do it cause he really isn't going to sleep in our bed... But as soon as he was back on track, and Theron left again, he was right back in bed with me. I missed sleeping with him, and I just didn't wanna sleep alone.. I think Landon feels that way too, because he wakes up every single morning(seriously, he doesn't miss a day out of the month) at around 3 am to come jump in bed with me. Of course I let him at least do that.. But Theron made it clear to me that I can no longer let him sleep in our bed. So for the last couple months, when it's time for sleep, Landon and I fall asleep in our own rooms. I miss him at night. Let's face the fact though.. it tears me up sleeping alone. 

So this is what I am going to do, every Saturday night i'm going to give in. I'm going to have Landon sleep in our bed. Every Saturday night. Starting tonight, hehe. And I am so ready to go snuggle up with my little mans. So goodnight Blogger! :)

2 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Oh my goodness...how sweet. Nothing beats snuggle time! :D

You have a very lovely blog! New follower...and can't wait to read more!

Happy Sunday! xx

LeeOhana said...

Go ahead - give in =). Treasure those moments! I told myself I'd NEVER sleep w/my kiddos (I have friends who had kids sleep in their bids til 7, 8, 9 years old), but w/DS2 and sometimes w/DS3 I give in too =).