December 30, 2011

I gave in...

Dear blogger,

I was so tired of the whole Facebook fad, I spent so much checking it all the time. And at the end of the day all that time added up could have been used to do something productive. But was wasted behind a computer. So I got rid of my Facebook over a month ago. 
I had to hear it from everybody.. 'Where did your Facebook go?' 'Did you delete your Facebook? When and why?' 'Will you make another one already?' 'Why did you get rid of it? This would be so much easier if you had one.'
And so... I gave in last night, created a new account for the sake of everybody. Mainly for my mother, lol, who bugged me the most out of everybody because she wasn't getting as much updated photos of Landon as she was before. (I think that was really the only reason she wanted me to create one again..)
BUT, I promised myself I will not get caught up in it again like I used to. This will be strictly private - family and close friends only. To be used for updates and for contacting. It will be small, minimal updates, not hundreds of photos scattered through out numerous albums.
I feel bad I have already been denying some old friend's requests... But I refuse to give in entirely, and let this thing consume my time again. I'm not looking for friend count, and half of these friends never kept in touch or tried anyway. I think i'd be another number on THEIR Facebook. I won't lose sight or direction to what my Facebook will be for. And this post will help that.., I think. :)

Has anyone else had issues like this with Facebook? How do you feel about how the internet effects us now-a-days?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You already know how I feel about the whole thing, and I think it's a brilliant idea. :)

Sylvanas said...

OMG YES!!! Its so addicting! I cant stand it but it does keep you connected with everyone. Especially since the hubbs and I are in Cali and everyone we know is on the east coast.

Anonymous said...

This is a great list Bri! :)