October 18, 2011

Blog Outside The Box



This weeks topic? Share a story. Whether it be personal, comedic, embarrassing.. you get the jist, right? ;)

Now what on Earth do I write about? I have not a clue..
Hm...
Aha! I got it!


I was just starting my second semester of 10th grade. Just another semester to go through in High School. It seemed ordinary enough, just like every other year passed, I couldn't wait to get the heck out for Summer. Little did I know that this year, 2006, would change my life. It was routine, alarm goes off at 6am, straighten my hair, throw on some make-up, get dressed and walk to school. Just like every day, every week, everyyy month previous to this one. Nothing changed in the last almost 2 years since my very first day of High school(except that I knew where my classes were and I didn't look clueless asking random people in the hall ways for guidance to which way I needed to go). 

I trudged off to my gym class, completely oblivious to what was awaiting me. Fate. And that's when I met him. Little did I know that this new friendship held more significance than anything else in the world. We met through a mutual friend, they happened to be best friends. We would hang out some days during our weight class, even then after becoming friends I would of never thought of being anything more. He did, however. And if it weren't for those intentions, I would have missed out on a beautiful, meaningful life. I would have missed out on a lot of things.

Needless to say, some things happened at the end of the semester(mostly my fault).. we ended up getting into a huge a fight, and stopped talking right before Summer Vacation. We spent the next 5 or 6 months with words unspoken. I never really saw him after that, even when school started up again, the first semester of our Junior year. Then word got around, to me, he was dropping out. That explained why I haven't seen him. I wanted badly to patch things up between us. I missed our friendship. Thankfully he did as well, because he accepted my apology, and we started talking again.

With some persuasion from his family, friends and myself, he started coming back to school. This, is when things started heating up, between the two of us. I never realized how much I did miss him, until I saw him again, that hug of reassurance that we were together, friends again, at last. Only this hug, meant a little bit more, and I wasn't expecting to feel at all how I felt. 'Did I like like him?' 'Are these butterflies?' 'My smile is so huge I must look like an idiot..' I had to fight feelings and urges for that next couple of months, due to the fact, at the time, I had a boyfriend.. 

Things got rocky between my ex and I, some things happened and lets just say I wasn't a very happy camper. Or was I? At school, at least I was. 

Valentine's Day was right around the corner. Our school was holding a Valentine's Day Dance. I asked Theron if he would like to be my date, as friends of course. Yes, I asked  him. He was a gentlemen and he knew I was in a bad position relationship wise, and he didn't wanna push anything on me. He made me promise I was sure I wanted to go to with him to the dance. I did. I was. 

***Here's a little story inside a story***
Earlier that day, before the dance, Theron, couple of our friends and I decided it would be a good idea to skip school. Whenever skipping school is a good idea, I don't know! More or less, something along the lines of getting caught and picked up by police and taking an embarrassing trip back to school in the back of a police cruiser nearly cost me my night. I was in major trouble. And I had to do a lottt of begging to go to the dance. I did not want to miss this night for anything, cause if it's one thing everybody knows about me, is I la la loooove dancing! ***

So all of our friends piled into a car, on our way to boogie! It was such a great night. Theron and I danced most of the time. We were basically inseparable. I never wanted this night to end. I didn't want to leave the music, my friends.. him. I didn't want to leave Theron. Due to getting in trouble earlier that day, our time was cut short.. The dance was slowly coming to a close, people were walking to their cars, Theron and I walked together, his arm around me keeping me warm. We sat at the back of the car, talking with each other, perhaps there was a little flirting going on., ahem..

I was so happy. I was overwhelmed with joy. He was leaning against the trunk and I leaning into him. I didn't want to be anywhere else in that moment but in his arms. It was cozy, it felt as though I was meant to stay there forever. We hugged and braced ourselves for our goodbye, we knew  we wouldn't see each other that weekend, and we both wished we could. Then something happened.. As we were leaning away from our hug, but still holding on to each other, something was holding me there. Pulling me back towards him, again.. I was pretty positive what it was - those urges I had been fighting against. Embraced again with yet another 'I never wanna let you go' kinds of hugs, I found myself giving him ever so soft kisses, on his neck. 'Am I really doing this right now?' I had to stop myself, it was time to leave. I was beyond nervous at this point and had to reassure myself  'come on Bri, hold it together, you got this..'. Leaning back once more, to say goodbye this time, I was once again stopped, by that urge. And yet again, closer and closer we got to one another. Hips to hips, chest to chest, face to face, and then... lips to lips.


And that is the story of Theron and I's first kiss. :b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! I was one of the people convincing him to go back to school, lol. And I remember how nervous he was come time for the dance :)

What a lovely story to share!

It's so very crazy how everything truly does happen for a reason. I couldn't be more happier for the two of you, as well as Landon :)

Brianna said...

I knooooow!Right?!

I never thought when the two of us first met, we would be where we are now.

:)