March 16, 2012

A big change is coming..

Dear Blogger,
These last few years(almost four to be precise) Theron's choice in job has taken it's toll on us, and we are both at our end point. Not that I would even consider it a choice, but more along the lines of what needed to be done at the time, and sort of got stuck. When I became pregnant, at a very young age(I was still in high school, that's how young) we didn't know what we were going to do. We had no income, we were in school, Theron dropped out so we can get busy on getting work to support us. Needless to say with some connections Theron was welcomed easily at a Tugboat company. At first, it was grand.. the money he brought in was great and even now it is a blessing, in ways. But the $240 a day is not worth it. And no amount of money can make up for the time away and the damage it is causing to our little family. So something has to change. I'm on a kick at the moment to convince Theron to not go back to work after his next trip home, which is almost in a couple weeks. And that even though we have our lease, we will figure something out. Just trying to reassure him everything will work out. It will be fine. I don't know how convincing I am because I'm not even sure if i'm fully convincing myself.. When he gets home, the first thing he is doing is going to the Coast Guard Recruiting Office for information. This will most likely be the next huge step to our future. I'm nervous... I know enough to know what it means if he enrolls.. Even longer time apart, starting with boot camp. I think he is going to chose to not deploy. Even so, I know anything is better than what he is doing right now. We most likely will fall behind on bills.. and that's okay to me. Theron's and Landon's happiness is more important to me. And our family is backing us up on this decision 100%. It's great to know we have others who can help us if we need it at this time, we have family. And thanks to his father who used to be in the coast Guard, he has Theron convinced this is his best choice, for all of us. This is our chance, and will be the big change we need.
Coast Guard.

I can't wait to have my hunnie home. I miss him so much..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My boyfriend is in the National Guard, which is so much different than say ... my brother being in the ARMY full-time.
For Nathan (my boyfriend), he had his couple months at boot camp. Now he just has drill once a month. He still has a decent job, but the extra income does help!
Don't fret too much. Everything will fall into place ... there may be a few bumps along the way, but you'll all get there!
I hope you have a great weekend!
much love, colie
xx

Nicole said...

I really don't have any words for you, Brianna. Literally my mind is clueless :/ but I hope all goes for the better.